The TimTam Pulse Massager is a wireless TENS machine designed to deliver the benefits of electrotherapy to every household across the nation. Great for persistent muscle aches and pains, the Pulse Massager is proven to both relieve and treat pain using its app-controlled wireless interface that you can bring with you wherever you need. TimTam is here to break down for you how to use the TimTam Pulse Massager, showing you how to get started, choose the proper setting for your treatment, and maintain your pulse massager.
Getting Started with the TimTam Pulse Massager
The First Steps in Modern Recovery with the TimTam Pulse Massager
You’ve made the decision to take your recovery to the next level with the TimTam Pulse Massager - just one of TimTam’s modern recovery tools. The TimTam Pulse Massager has a variety of benefits from treatment. Before you can start reaping the benefits of this incredible device, however, you’ve got to get set up properly:
- Charge Your TimTam Pulse Massager: Once you receive your pulse massager, you’ll want to charge it using the included cable and wall charger. In order to get started, charge your Pulse Massager before use.
- Download the TimTam Pulse App: Since the TimTam Pulse Massager is entirely wireless, you’ll need to download the TimTam Pulse App from the App Store or for Android.
- Read Safety Warnings: Before using the Pulse Massager it’s important to read all safety warnings included in the user manual. There are a variety of locations on the body that the Pulse Massager should never be used. Additionally, athletes with a cardiac pacemaker, implanted defibrillator, or other implanted metallic or electronic device should never use the Pulse Massager. We recommend contacting your doctor before using the Pulse Massager. (Please Note: The aforementioned warnings are NOT a complete list of safety warnings and the user manual should be read thoroughly and to completion.)
- Assemble the Pulse Massager: The Pulse Massager has a super simple assembly. Simply snap the plastic TENS device onto the electrode pad.
- Connect Your Device Using Bluetooth: Turn on your Pulse Massager and open your TimTam Pulse App. Be sure that Bluetooth is turned on for your phone and wait for the Pulse Massager to appear on your app.
Choosing Treatment Settings in the TimTam Pulse App
Deciding Between the 16 Different Settings on the TimTam Pulse Massager
Once your TimTam Pulse Massager is connected to the TimTam Pulse app, it’s time to choose your treatment. This is a simple three-step process that walks you through choosing the treatment location, therapy pattern, and time & intensity of your treatment.
The TimTam Pulse Massager is designed to relieve soft tissue pain stemming from sports injuries and a variety of physical ailments. For athletes, the Pulse massager is great for treating ongoing muscle pain, tendonitis, and bursitis. The TimTam Pulse App will allow you to choose between a variety of treatment locations, including obliques, knees, ankles, shoulders, and lower back.
Once you select your treatment location, remove the film and apply the pad to dry skin, avoiding touching the gel adhesive with your hands. Lay the pad flat against your skin, leaving no air pockets or pieces without contact.
Once places, choose your therapy program. The therapy programs define the types of sensations you’ll feel on the treatment area, which includes:
- Warm Up
- Deep Tissue
These therapy programs all feel a little different but - in general - provide the same electrotherapy benefits to your muscles and soft tissues beneath the electrode.
Time and Intensity
Finally, you’ll be prompted to choose your time and intensity for your Pulse Massage treatment. You can contact your doctor for instructions for treating specific ailments. To start, we generally recommend ten minutes of treatment, which you can increase using your doctor’s discretion.
You will also choose your intensity level on a scale of 1 to 15, with more intense electric pulses being represented by higher numbers. We recommend starting low and gradually raising. Many users describe the sensation as tingly or like pins and needles. Generally, we recommend using the highest intensity level that does not cause you discomfort for optimum treatment. Finding this may involve a little trial and error, so be sure to take your time before cranking up your intensity.
Maintaining Your TimTam Pulse Massager
Make Your New Favorite Recovery Tool Last
At TimTam, we build our products to last. However, you can preserve the lifespan of your TimTam Pulse Massager with proper care.
Much like all electronic devices, it’s important not to overcharge your Pulse Massager. Phone batteries and laptop batteries can become ‘fried’ if they are left plugged in unnecessarily for long periods of time. Only charge your Pulse Massager as needed and turn off your massager after each use to ensure maximum battery life.
The most important way to preserve the use of and get the most out of your Pulse Massager is to ensure proper care of your electrode pads. The pads are specially designed to maximize the conduction of the electrical pulses with the adhesive gel. Once the adhesive gel inevitable wears away, you’ll need to replace the pads to ensure they stick and deliver the same strong, effective pulses to your muscles.
Your Pulse Massager includes two butterfly pads, both of which can be used for 10-20 treatments when properly cared for. Once those pads are ready to be thrown out, subscribe the the TimTam Subscription Plan for the Pulse Massager community. Our subscription plan is a customizable program that mails pulse massager pads to your home on a monthly basis. For subscribing, you’ll receive 50% off the cost of replacement pads and $4 flat-rate shipping to anywhere in the US.
Best of all, the TimTam Subscription Plan is super easy and customizable. Whether you need one replacement pad a month or are an athletic trainer who needs 100 pads a month, you’ll receive the proper number of pads for your needs on time, every time, and with a great discount. Cancel or change your subscription anytime -- it’s that easy, and just one of the steps we’re taking in providing modern recovery tools for all.
Ready to get yourself the best wireless TENS device on the market? Shop the TimTam Pulse Massager now and explore TImTam’s line of modern recovery tools.