The long-awaited Power Massager Pro from TimTam is finally here, and the Pro has lived up to the hype. With new speeds, super-quiet application, an hour of battery life, and 5 treatment modes, the Power Massager Pro is blowing the minds of athletes and trainers everywhere. However, with all these new features, it can be difficult to figure out how to use the Power Massager Pro to the best of your ability. That’s why we’re here to breakdown everything you need to know to use the Power Massager Pro and recover like a champion.
How to Use the Power Massager Pro: A Step-by-Step
Getting Started & Making the Most of Your Recovery
- Charge your Power Massager Pro before use. We recommend that you fully charge the battery before first use. To charge, connect the adapter to the charging port and plug the battery into the charging port. The LED lights illuminate to show battery level and indicate active charging. Red meaning charging and Green meaning fully charged.
- Power Up: To turn the Power Massager Pro on, press the Power Button on the black trip of the handle. The Orange Light will illuminate indicating it is powered on. To turn it off, press and hold the Power Button for 3 seconds, or simply remove the battery.
- Start massaging with one-touch electronic trigger: Press the one-touch trigger to enter the first speed setting (1000 strokes per minutes). Press again to reach speed 2 (2000) and a subsequent press to reach speed 3 (2800).
- Choose an optional treatment program. To use a program, press trigger, then circle icon. Press once for warm-up, twice for recovery, three times for neck, and four times for lumbar. To turn off, press and hold for 3 seconds, or remove the battery.
- Switch out the massage tip if desired. We recommend using the Temperature Sensor prior to using the various treatment modes to establish your body's baseline skin and muscle temperature. For best performance, optimal muscle temperature is 99.5 degrees, and our heating shaft with the Warmup tip will heat to that temperature within one minute. To use, press and hold the plus sign and the LED display will show a ball with movement. Massage as desired. When you can no longer feel the warmth of the tip, this indicates the muscle is at optimal temperature for recovery - 99.5 degrees.
You can also choose the vibrating ball tip, which can be turned on by selecting that tip using the plus sign. The tip will appear on the LED screen.
- Massage your muscles with light pressure using lengthwise motions to cover the entirety of the muscle
- Rotate the head to reach hard-to-reach areas. The Power Massager Pro shaft can be rotated up to 170 degrees or articulation, allowing you to target all areas of your body easily. There are four positions you can access easily by pushing the red portion of the dial directly above the shaft, then moving the shaft into the desired of four positions. Release the button to lock it into place.
- Turn off by holding the power button for three seconds. The battery may be recharged at any time and at any battery level. However, it is not recommended to fully deplete the battery level. Recharge the unit regularly to best prolong battery life. The average run-time is 1 hour at the highest intensity setting, and longer at lower levels.
When to Use the Power Massager Pro
Deciding Between Pre- and Post-Workout Massage
The great thing about the Pro is that it is great for both pre- and post-workout massage. While recovery is commonly associated with strictly post-workout practices, preventing further injury to your muscles and maintaining a peak performance ability is a constant process.
The pre-workout benefits of the Pro include the ability to warm up your muscles. Percussive massage increases blood flow to your muscles so you are warm and ready to get moving. This can prevent injury by not being properly warmed up. Additionally, a pre-workout massage can start relaxing tight fascia and tissues, which in turn will help you retain a full range of motion and maximum power output during your workout.
Using the Pro for post-workout recovery helps treat the effects of DOMS, or delayed onset muscle soreness. When working out and gaining muscle, you will create microtears, also known as micro-traumas in your muscles. These microtears occur deep in your muscles close to the tendons, making them hard to reach. The massage with the Pro helps attract blood flow to these muscle fibers so that they have the nutrients necessary to heal faster.
Where to Use the Pro
Treatment Based on Body Location
When using the Pro for recovery, it’s important to know the exact locations that the Pro can help. Try out these four locations for optimum performance:
- Myofascial trigger points, also known as knots, are tough areas under the skin caused by either repetitive motion or a sedentary lifestyle that can lead to serious pain and discomfort. The Pro can help break down these knots and lead to relief.
- Aching muscles after a workout can be a result of DOMS, or delayed onset muscle soreness. For example, if you hit the gym a little too hard during leg day, your muscles could ache for a few days afterward. The Pro can be applied to these aching muscle groups to accelerate your recovery and get you back to training sooner.
- Muscle groups that need a warmup are a common place to use the Pro. This is a great proactive approach to recovery used by athletes who exert heavily on specific muscles - like runners or pitchers - and want to prevent injury caused by powerful repetitive motion.
- Achey and stiff muscle can be a result of tight connective tissue and fascia. Help relax these tissues with massage from the Pro so fascia can be restored to its elastic, free-moving state.
The Power Massager Pro changes the way we look at training and recovery. Learn more about or shop the Pro now and start taking your recovery to the next level today.